- About this Policy
- About Quest
We are Quest Worldwide Pvt Ltd a company incorporated under the laws of India.
Our Site allows you to search for and share information about products, third party services, and vendors, communicate with others, or create new content such as recommendations and reviews. You can also connect with products suppliers and the service providers.
To make sure that reviews are unbiased, current and real, as per industry guidelines and Quest uses different mechanisms to verify that you are who you say you are. However, you decide what information you want to share with the public, since you have the option to post your reviews anonymously.
Service providers also benefit from your feedback, since they can improve their services, have a better understanding of business needs, and can promote their products and services by making these reviews accessible to different audiences.
When you visit our Site, some information will be automatically collected using cookies and similar technologies, but we ask your consent when required.
- What You Should Know Before Using the Quest Site
Before using and sharing information through our Site, you should understand the different options you have and their meaning.
- To search for information and to read some content, you don’t need to enter personal information such as your name, or email address, or submit reviews, but if you want to see full content of reviews or use the full features of our site you may be asked to create a user account with us.
- Sources and Types of Personal Data We Collect from You
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or give us in any other way, this may include information that can identify you (“personally identifiable information”). Additionally, if you connect to our Site through LinkedIn, we will receive information from your LinkedIn account. We may also request information about your preferences and usage of technology products and services. We also collect certain information automatically when you use or visit our Site.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but, in general, some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered user of our Site.
Information we collect from:
- a) Visitors of our Site: When you visit our Site, some information will be collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies, but we provide you with different choices including the opportunity to opt-out. Note that not all these cookies collect personally identifiable information and some of them are necessary to use different functionalities of our Site.
- b) Registered Users of our Site:To use some of the features of our Site, certain information may be required. For example, your business email address, industry and company information is necessary if you want access to registered user-only content. Other additional information is voluntary, for example writing reviews, creating your profile, or participating in surveys and promotions.
Note that information shared with LinkedIn or other social media sites will be governed by their privacy policies.
- c) Other Sources:We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you.
For example, if you visit our Site by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information.
As another example, if you access third-party services, such as LinkedIn, through our Site or before coming to our Site, we may collect information such as your user name and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Site.
- How We Use Your Information
Quest uses the information we collect about you for registration and to manage your account, to communicate with you, and to connect you with the service providers or third parties listed on our Site or with other users of the Site. We also use your information for analytics, for marketing and advertising, and for legal reasons.
- for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our Site;
- to communicate with you and respond to your questions and comments;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
- to share your information with the providers of listed services when you request additional information about a certain listed service provider.
When it is necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests:
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to share aggregated information with providers of listed products or services and other licensees of our research and report offerings;
- to measure interest in and improve our offerings and Site; including to provide information about Quest and invitations from the Quest community;
- to notify you about special offers available from us or our partners, or from the providers of services listed on our Site, that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with Quest
When it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation:
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law (In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us);
- when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Quest , our Site visitors or registered users, our licensees, or others;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- About Your Reviews and Content Published on the Quest Site
You decide if you want to submit reviews or comments under your name or anonymously. If you submit content on our Site you understand that it will be publicly available inside and outside our Site.
Before publishing a review, understand your options and decide what information you want to be shared:
- Submitting reviews and comments is voluntary.
- Reviews and comments are publicly available to everyone, even outside of our Site, and can be shared through social media sites.
- You can always choose to post reviews and comments anonymously, so that no one, except us, will know you posted the review or comment.
- If you posted an attributed review under your name, you can change your mind later, and we will anonymize or delete it. However, please understand that we cannot guarantee others did not store the information prior to the change, by printing or downloading the original review and ratings.
- How We Share Your Information
Quest may share some of your information with providers of services listed on our Site, third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, business partners, social media networks and the public in general.
This is how we share your information with the following entities:
- a) We share your contact information and company name with providers of services listed on our Sitewhen you expressly request to connect by requesting more information on their services.
- b) We share your reviews, ratings and comments (attributed or not) publicly with users inside and outside of our Site,including social media sites, third-party software marketplaces, the providers of services listed on our Site, and the operators of other publicly-available websites, platforms, or mobile apps that we have authorized to share this content through their websites, social media sites, platforms, mobile apps, or other marketing materials, such as slide decks or case studies.
- c) We share aggregated dataand high-level information in a way that does not identify individuals with companies and organizations, such as software providers from different business sectors, to show them trends in products and services or rankings amongst providers. We also share aggregated data with our business partners for analytics purpose.
- d) Your information is also accessible to our third-partyvendors who provide services/functions on our behalf, such as business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or promotion programs, payment processing, and fraud prevention. These third-party vendors collect and use your information on behalf of Quest, for specific purposes, and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- e) Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction.Using these types of products or services is optional. You can tell when a business partner is involved in a product or service, because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, your information will be shared with the relevant business partner.
- f) When you sign into our Site or share content through your LinkedInaccount or other social media sites, your Information will be shared with those social media sites according to their privacy policies.
- g) In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using our Site, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information that you do not publish on the Site, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized personnel have access to personal information that you have not published on the Site. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we, together with our partners, employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your non-public information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our Site while it is in transit over the Internet, and any such submission is at your own risk.